Followers

Occasional Inspirations

For 2014, I decided to follow some of the 365 writing prompts given by The Daily Post. Check it out. It was recommended by a turtle (Don't ask.)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How Come You Go To Tuition?

"How come you go to tuition?"

 That's the one of the few questions headed my way when I stepped into the air-conditioned classroom. In fact, it's the FIRST question asked. All the time. Followed by a bewildered 'Youweren'tsupposedtobealive' stare. Cue my reply: "Why, I cannot come to tuition anymore meh?" It was fun to see people react this way the first couple of times, but after a while, it's kinda irritating.

 Yes, I'm a fully residential school student. I stay in the school grounds 24/7. I practically breathe the boarding school. That does not mean I'm prohibited from joining tuition classes. Yeah, they're probably worried about me, spending time at the last place students would dare enter during a time where students could finally taste freedom (Yeah right, they will. I'd be a famous celebrity before the day arrives.)

 Yet, there's a tiny part of me that urges me to strive hard and makes use of the time to revise during the hols. And if that part isn't enough to make me work, there's always dearest mummy. Besides, I'm sure all of us have screamed out "I'm gonna make use of my time well during the holidays!" at least once before. I know I did, every single time a holiday's nearing. I also know that those times were lavishly spent on watching TV, computers and sleeping (Hey, you can't blame a kid for having needs, especially one that has been deprived of all basic entertainments.)

 But not this time. This year is very important for me, and all Malaysians my age. We're facing a major turning point of our lives, the SPM examinations. These exam results would determine our lives; whether we could soar into a bright future, or stay firmly on the ground, thinking of what would have happened had you studied. Of course, university life also plays a key part in determining your future, and so does working experience. Luck's also a large factor, but who cares? We needa hurtle through an obstacle at a time.

 So yeah, I do need to go for tuition, even though I study day and night every single day at school for the past month and a half. And if anyone asks me why, I'll just say "How 'bout you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment