Followers

Occasional Inspirations

For 2014, I decided to follow some of the 365 writing prompts given by The Daily Post. Check it out. It was recommended by a turtle (Don't ask.)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

 September 11th used to be just a normal day in our lives. People would just go through the day doing what they'd do routinely. All that changed in the year 2011. Dark memories and recurring nightmares of that fateful day haunts lives. Does the fear that scarred our hearts still live on now? Now, I know most people can still remember the events that occurred on that day, some even trying to erase it from their minds. For those of you who doesn't know anything 'bout it (Probably because you're under ten. But hey, if you are, I'm hapy a kid visits my blog. :)), I'd give a quick recap, but I don't really remember. The main thing was the World Trade Center destroyed after two hijacked planes crashed into, killing innocent lives.

 Some people theorized that a Muslim extremist, Osama bin Laden was the mastermind behind it all. Last I heard of him was 'round May. He was killed and thrown into the sea. Others, however, doesn't buy this story and says he doesn't exist. Instead, they say it was all a plot created by the former President Bush.

 I don't really care.
All I know is that many families lost a dear somebody in their lives, and I'm sure some still can't overcome their grief. My heart goes out to them.

 The 9/11 incident affects the world in many ways. Hatred is planted, paranoia instilled in people's hearts. Friendship were broken, trust destroyed. Even after 9/11, many lives were lost as people did the unthinkable. Now, after 10 years, the police are wary of the threats they get, searching for bombs that might not exist.

 But it taught us a very important lesson in life. We have to unite to prevent events like this from happening. The 9/11 incident has come and go, and we can never change the past.

 But we can try to change the future, and make the world a better place.

 Now, let's have one minute of silence to remember the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment