Followers

Occasional Inspirations

For 2014, I decided to follow some of the 365 writing prompts given by The Daily Post. Check it out. It was recommended by a turtle (Don't ask.)

Friday, February 3, 2012

Wonder What It's Like To Be Famous

When I logged on to Facebook like I usually do when there's nothing else on the library's to-do list (I'm a librarian, in case you have guessed.), I was greeted with a fascinating post on my news feed. It instructed people to tune in to tune in to a radio station, as there was an hour long interview of someone we know. That meant I had less than 40 minutes to find a radio, plus a good place to hear the interview static-free. After barging into a third floor dorm (Apparently, the higher you are, the clearer the signal, and cursing to myself as I frantically flipped through the frequency countless times (Don't get me wrong. I knew the frequency. It's just that my school is in another state. Can you blame moi for not knowing it was the same frequency over here too?), I finally got through just in time to hear her cheery voice, seconds before a song came on.

 As I listened to the interview, a memory struck me. I reminisced the first time I heard her sing for a Hannah Montana competition at school a few years back. I thought, wow, cool, she's famous now. I'm listening to someone I know on radio. Then a question popped up in my mind; what is it like to be famous? I'm pretty sure famous people were always happy, right? I know if I could gain as much popularity as my friend's getting right now, I'd probably be able to snap my fingers while I'm writing this and a fan would somehow manage to break into my house and come rushing to me with a cuppa tea for me to sip on. I'd be able to ask for things that I couldn't ask for now because I'm rich. 'Hey, that's kinda true.', you people might say. 'I'm gonna try to be famous! Where can I sign up?'

 But have we actually wondered the other side of the coin? I never did. All I saw their pretty plasticlike faces, smiling as they greet fans. But then they'd have a lot of work to do in order to maintain their huge fanbase, right? Tight schedules, making music, acting in videos, trying to please other people. That's pretty stressful stuff for teenagers. With all the things I needa study, I suddenly lost my appetite of popularity. Probably gonna think 'bout it in the future, when I'm bored and there's nothing else to do. As of now, whether I'm popular or not, I'm content with my baby brother getting me a cuppa tea whenever I click my fingers. :)

Random vid!!!:

(Okay, maybe not so random. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment