Followers

Occasional Inspirations

For 2014, I decided to follow some of the 365 writing prompts given by The Daily Post. Check it out. It was recommended by a turtle (Don't ask.)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Single Father Experience~ D:

People, hello~! :D Since Father's Day is 'round the corner (Actually, a lot of corners. It falls on June 19th! Or so I heard. :)), let me share an advice to you guys and girls who are still young and wanna be parents, or don't really appreciate your parents that much:

LOVE YOUR PARENTS
and
PARENTING NEEDS PATIENCE

You might think that this is crap, hearing from an innocent teenage boy. Let me tell you something: I really know how it feels to be a father. :) NOW, BEFORE YOU PEOPLE GET IT THE WRONG WAY (Seriously, people who think like that needa wash their brains. XD), last weekmy friend and I had the privilege of taking care of seven 13-year-olds. In Sunway Pyramid.

Yeah, yeah, it might not be the best experience I can get, but hey, I felt it. It's very hard to control them. They ran all over the place! D: They can't stand still without fidgeting! I leave them for one second, they disappear... D: Kids these days. What can you do with them? And then I lost my mind with their voices in my head, their hands pulling me from one place to another. I snapped.

I screamed at them to go away.
NEVER EVER DO THAT, PEOPLE. I did that because of stress, but I can only blame myself.

One stayed with me. Another went with my friend. The rest wandered alone by themselves. And believe me, from after the incident 'til the time to regroup, their safety was bugging me. Heck, I couldn't even eat pizza calmly. Fortunately, they were fine. Phew.

A few things I learnt:
1) Being a single father is HARD. Taking care of them alone... It's tiring. D:
2) Never, EVER lose your temper at 'lil kids. God, I felt so guilty doing that to them. They might also look at you in a bad light. ):

3) Next time, take care of lesser kids. One is good enough for me. :)

4) Appreciate what your parents do. It's hard taking care of kids. It's VERY hard to take care of ME. :)

Being a single father is hard. Traumatizing for an innocent teenager like moi. XD But it felt very exciting, very... New. Shouting, screaming at kids, worrying 'bout them, chasing after them. Sigh... I feel so old. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment