Followers

Occasional Inspirations

For 2014, I decided to follow some of the 365 writing prompts given by The Daily Post. Check it out. It was recommended by a turtle (Don't ask.)

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Malay and English: Manglish!

Manglish, one of the many special traits we Malaysians have~! :D It's sounds complicated, but it's just simply mixing the two languages together. Like, 'Nanti, we akan pergi sana together.', which means, we'll go there later. :D There are also made up words, basically translate directly from the Malay words.
'Together- gether' (Bersama- sama) or 'Where got?' (Mana ada?) are just a few examples that I know. It's stoopeed to do this kinda stuff, but it sounds cool~!!! :D
It's how Malaysian youths talk to each other these days. Sometimes I feel that it's OK to talk like this. I rarely do, though, because I might be a bit careless and speak Manglish to tourist! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment