Followers

Occasional Inspirations

For 2014, I decided to follow some of the 365 writing prompts given by The Daily Post. Check it out. It was recommended by a turtle (Don't ask.)

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Of Train Rides and Malaysians


How's you? :) Two days ago, I had to take a train to go back home from school.
Yes, my school is that far away. Like, a state away. .___.
It was pretty much an exciting experience for both me and my friend, since it was a first for us. Even though the journey took 3 hours and 15 minutes to get home, I couldn't really sleep. There were a couple of stuffs I didn't really want to remember, though.
My train rides starts at Sg. Gadut (At the bottom), across the blue line until KL Central, then goes to the left, on the red line to Shah Alam. :)

I should tell you, that my ride's divided into two parts: Sungai Gadut - KL Central, and KL Central - Shah Alam. So, for the second half of my train ride, I had to stand and be squashed by other people, since I was too slow in grabbing a seat. So for the next 45 minutes, I had to endure excruciating pain on my shoulders and back, as a result of carrying my heavy school bag. T_____T Woe is me...
Okay, maybe I did get to sit, but it was a stop away from the destination, so it really didn't count. D:

But I didn't really care 'bout my physical pain. Not when my patriotic spirit is wounded. Why, I hear you ask.
Well, my answer is I'm ashamed of the community.
Even though Malaysia is proud of its diversity, unity, and culture, what good does it do if the reputation is slowly fading away due to the lack of politeness in Malaysians? This I realised at the KL Central Station. It's buzzing with people, a usual sight on Fridays. And the coach I was on was packed like a tin of sardines. What shocked me that some people outside were willing to force themselves in, at the cost of the others' comfort.
We were already packed like sardines, why try and force another one in? ._.
And so begins the verbal fight between sides. What I'm ashamed of is that they're not ashamed to show their disgusting attitude to other people who just wants peace and quiet, me included. And what are these actions gonna tell the foreigners?
Many, many things. But all of them negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment