Followers

Occasional Inspirations

For 2014, I decided to follow some of the 365 writing prompts given by The Daily Post. Check it out. It was recommended by a turtle (Don't ask.)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tackling Racism!

Hello there, and happy 4th November to you people out there! :D It’s been a long time since I’ve last updated my blog, (I’ve been a very busy teen! >_<) and I haven’t had any interesting topics for a while. So today, I’ll be talking ‘bout a growing problem in Malaysia, which is racism. And before I start, I would like to mention that I am sorry if I have said anything offensive to people in this article. J

Now, I think you all know what racism is. If not, I’ll explain. Racism is basically insulting one another’s race intentionally. Got it? J Good. A few days ago, I had talked to one of my friends’ sis, ‘round her 20s, ‘bout... Well, random things. She’s a Chinese, and I’m Malay. So, as we were talking, she had warned me not to come to her house anymore, because of them not liking Malays. There I was, wondering why my friend can accept me, yet the rest of the family cannot? I found out that they hate what they call ‘pure breed Malays’ for the treatment they gave her at college. :O

I am shocked. I really cannot believe what has been going on. I never knew Malays can go for tertiary education with low grades, just because they are Malays. Right now, we’re all talking ‘bout 1Malaysia, equality between all races in Malaysia. And yet Malays have all these special privileges, giving them easy entrance to the places where the other races are working hard to get a spot in. Isn’t it unjust to the Chinese, Indians, and other races who are trying their very best? No wonder racism occurs. ToT

All these times she experienced in college really had a great impact on her. Her hatred of Malays grew as time pass. ;( It feels sad to think that it was because of other people, we all are being hated.

So, right now, I promise that I will try to make the world better for the next generation! Even though I can’t change the whole world (That is impossible for a guy like me!), I can still change peoples’ perspective, little by little. :D So, I hope for you reading this at the moment, to help me fight racism, and make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment